more yarn please!

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Unfinished projects

You know those projects that are quite simple but for some reason you can't finish them? Well, I've got a few hanging around that I really should finish up. They're taking up way too much room in my knitting basket and tiny livingroom. First up we have a cozy lace shawl I started last spring:

I'm using Knitpicks Andean Treasure in Embers Heather. My original intention was to give this as a gift, but then I decided that most of the women in my life wouldn't wear a shawl. Oh well, guess I get to keep it for myself :-) When am I going to wear this in San Diego???

The second project again, taking up way too much room, is a child's blanket for my quazi-niece Ellie. She loves all colors pink (and what girl doesn't deep down) and I was told she would like a nice soft blanket. The goal for this one was beginning of July when a visit to Minnesota and Ellie's birthday took place. But May and June just were not knitting months for me, too hot or something. Anyhow, picked this up again last night, a great pattern for watching a movie. I will finish this one very soon to stock up as a Christmas present:


For some reason I've been on a Knitpicks run lately, this time I used Shine Sport in Blush and Orchid. I keep my stitches loose so that it doesn't get too heavy for Ellie to carry around or too hot, I like that this cotton blend yarn is soft and shiny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.