more yarn please!

Thursday, November 29, 2007

I'm no blogger, obviously

It's been a month of change, serious change. We found a new place to live and are moving this weekend so I get to spend all my knitting/crocheting time packing and unpacking. Good news is that I'll have more room in the new place for my yarn obsession.

In addition I had about 6 inches of my hair whacked off, back to short and I think it will stay this way:

Thank you Katie Holmes for your inspiration. You may have a crazy gay husband but damn you do have good hair!

On to more important things...moving into a new place is a great excuse to make a new throw for the couch and what throw is complete without a matching pillow? I decided to crochet this set as I'm 10x's faster at it than knitting.
Yes, that's Rocky in the background and Maynard's nosey nose on the blanket. Silly dogs love the camera! For this project I made up my own simple pattern and used Lionbrand's Homespun in Barley and Russet as it was on sale at Michael's.

Next, and so exciting is a hat that I knitted. Yes folks, Stephanie has finally mastered the DPN's!!! Maybe I'm not a lazy knitter after all...I found a free pattern on the Zephyr Style website, you can download it here. These ladies have the most amazing sweater patterns, can't wait to try them out! Back to the hat, well I used some cheap acrylic yarn in case I couldn't master those DPN's so I don't know that anyone will receive this hat as a present. Acrylic scratchy yarn is very hard to work with, always splitting and such. But this pattern is pretty easy although the twisted rib is a little time consuming.

How do you take a picture of yourself in a mirror without the annoying white light? Will somebody please tell me?

And finally a little sweater jacket for Ellie's Christmas present. The blanket idea was frogged. Wendy at Knit and Tonic has this great pattern, Girlfriend's Swing Coat. I'm almost done, just need to finish up the picot edging that I added and complete one sleeve. Actually it was this sweater that I first tried the DPN's truth be told. I used the yarn from Ellie's blanket, Knitpicks yarn in Orchid doubled-up.

Brenna, if you are reading this do not despair. It's not really 80's hot pink, just a bad picture.

That's enough blogging for now.

No comments: