more yarn please!

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Purple Projects

Once again it's been a long time since I've posted on my blog. Since the last post lots of knitting has taken place along with the 2007 Firestorm and a trip to San Francisco. But this blog is about knitting so let's get down to business.

I bought this great purple yarn, Knitpick's Andean Silk in Sangria. I decided to make a deconstructed jacket from a pattern online. Was about 90% completed and I realized that it was the ugliest mass of yarn I had ever seen, horrible! Embarrassing! So I frogged the whole piece and put the yarn aside. A few weeks later I came across an inspiring blog, Knit and Tonic and decided that Flair was a perfect sweater for my purple yarn. I've almost completed the jacket, just one sleeve, the neckline and buttons. This is my first sweater attempt and really its been painless. This is a great pattern, Wendy is a genius.


I'm also planning on knitting A Somewhat Cowl, Marilyn's Not So Shrunken Cardigan and Sizzle for myself after all the holiday gifts are completed.

I also made this little sunglass case last weekend in an afternoon. Just an experiment, it came out a little wider than I had planned but I think it's cool.


And finally, I finished the Contessa Shawl just in time for a friend's birthday. She loves it and I think it turned out great.


No comments: